Arthur Shenker, a certified SMART Recovery facilitator talks about the basics of SMART Recovery, and its tools for building and maintaining motivation, coping with urges to use, managing thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and living a balanced life.
What we talked about
- Arthur’s background
- History of SMART Recovery
- Four Points of SMART
- Medically Assisted Treatment
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dealing with thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Stages of Change
- Lapse vs. Relapse
- SMART Tools
SMART Recovery website: smartrecovery.org
SMART Recovery Online Community: smartrecovery.org/community/