Serge Prengel is a therapist and life coach, and co-founder of the Integrative Focusing Therapy Online Training Program. He is also the author of The Proactive Twelve Steps: A mindful Program For Lasting Change. The sixth edition of the book was recently published and Serge visited with me to talk about what is new and why.
What we discussed
- Why Serge wrote the book.
- How the steps become more meaningful when removing the supernatural language.
- How the Twelve Steps facilitate change.
- The new Step One getting rid of the notion that control is a negative word.
- Taking control of our own destiny but not with hubris.
- The impact of trauma on addiction.
- Mindfulness is the ability to be present.
- Searching for patterns in Step Four.
- How our behaviors and emotions are impacted by our biology.
- What Serge does as a therapist and coach.
- The collective trauma of the pandemic.
Buy the book on Amazon: The Proactive Twelve Steps
Serge’s website proactive12steps.com
Serge’s YouTube Channel: Active Pause