Timothy Clancy is an independent Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Counselor who specializes in self-destructive behaviors such as substance abuse and eating disorders. He is a certified SMART Recovery meeting facilitator and the author of The Road to Sobriety: A Personal Experience. In this episode, Timothy shares his story and discusses alcoholism, treatment, and recovery.
What we talked about
- Timothy’s background
- Dealing with a learning disability and bullying as a child.
- The Stages of Alcoholism
- Having a predisposition to alcoholism.
- Other contributing factors to alcoholism.
- Timothy’s struggle with depression and a traumatic brain injury.
- How to stop enabling an alcoholic
- Is hitting rock bottom necessary?
- Goals in sobriety
- SMART Recovery
- AA vs. SMART