Sam Morris learned that instead of waiting for someone else to save him, he was responsible for saving himself. Overcoming severe anxiety, depression, and struggles with drugs and alcohol, led him to his purpose of creating and holding space for men to experience deep healing from the things that scare them and that they are afraid to talk about.
What we talked about
- Early childhood trauma from severe asthma and allergies.
- How trauma conditioned him to react to life in unhealthy ways.
- Finding alcohol to deal with anxiety and depression.
- Dealing with the consequences of his drinking.
- His experience in early recovery.
- What he learned from doing the work in recovery.
- How he helps men heal from pain and trauma.
Links and Resources
Other podcasts that have featured Sam:
Quantum Coffee with Joe Hawley
Elite Man Podcast with Justin Stenstrom
The New Masculine with Travis Stock
Dear life Podcast with Christina Rasmussen
10,000 Nos with Matthew Del Negro
From College Athlete to Alcoholic to Lifestyle Coach—and Success
You Have No Idea What’s Next for You
Personal Development Lessons from Rehab that You Can Apply During Quarantine