In this episode, Joe C. from Rebellion Dogs Radio joins Angela and John for a brief overview of the history of secular AA groups. This episode was recorded live on YouTube and Facebook on July 10, 2020. We live stream every Friday night at 7:00 pm on the AA Beyond Belief YouTube Channel, public Facebook page, and our private Facebook group.
Key points and topics discussed
- The first Quad A group in Chicago, Illinois in 1975
- The first international secular AA conference in Santa, Monica CA in 2014
- The creation of ICSAA | Secular AA in Austin, Texas in 2016
- How the Internet facilitated the growth of secular AA meetings.
I have to tell you, that that conference really changed my life. I mean, I wouldn’t be here right now, speaking with you, if it wasn’t for that. It was just an amazing experience. So here I was, I’ve been in AA for a long time and recently realized I was an atheist, and then I meet these people from all over the world. It was the most amazing experience.
- AA Agnostica: A History of Agnostics in AA
- Rebellion Dogs Publishing
- AA Beyond Belief: Secular AA Comes of Age
- Roger C. Speaking at Kansas City Secular AA Celebration
- Pam W. and the History of WAAFT IAAC