In this episode, I caught up with Joe K. who we met back in January 2020 in episode 145. At that time, Joe had just started a secularly formatted AA meeting in Chatham New Jersey, and a few months later the world changed profoundly as did the way we understand and experience recovery. In this conversation, Joe and I talked about the various ways our perspective on recovery changed.
What we talked about
- How our groups adapted to online meetings.
- How Joe and I feel about online meetings.
- Joe’s changed view on the importance of the Twelve Steps.
- The false assumptions the Big Book makes about all alcoholics.
- Not needing a higher power.
- Difficulty in coming out of isolation.
- The importance of finding one’s own path to sobriety.