Justin M. from Canberra provides an update on the progress of secular AA meetings in Australia and New Zealand and talks about his views on AA’s singleness of purpose.
Key points discussed
- A brief history of secular AA meetings in Australia.
- How secular AA is closer to the founding principles of AA.
- A discussion about the singleness of purpose in AA.
- How COVID impacted secular AA meetings in Australia and New Zealand.
- Future of meetings post-COVID
- A discussion of secular AA meetings in New Zealand
Secular AA seems to be closer to the founding principles of AA gnerally, and the Traditions genrally, than what has sort of grown up as a culture of AA in Australia.
We are not a solution. We are social support system available to people with addictions who want to do something about it and how don’t have anyplace else to go.
Social connectivity is a key part to addressing my addiction.
Episode 74: Justin M. from Quad-A Canberra
Podcast: Play in new window | Download